Primero was engaged by the sustaining capital group of Rio Tinto to extend the HME maintenance workshop at Marandoo by two bays to provide greater capacity for heavy mechanical maintenance and a dedicated boilermaker workshop. Primero offered an alternate solution to the free issue design incorporating precast foundations for the steel structure columns. This provided reduction of site manhours and accommodation. The schedule was advantaged by parallel processing of concrete works before mobilisation to the site.
The Lubrication skid was fully assembled off-site providing a reduction of site manhours and accommodation and closer monitoring inspections ensuring the required quality was achieved. All lubrication pipework was flushed cleaned and hydrotested before delivery to the site, ensuring internal cleanliness to meet site lubrication specification.
The key challenge was the design, supply, construction and commissioning of the extension of the existing Heavy Mining Equipment (HME) maintenance workshop whilst maintaining operations.
- Demolition of interface structures.
- Supply installation of:
- Foundations, slabs, hardstands, trenches, HV bollards, steel structures, cladding and all architectural.
- Extension to 50T over head crane.
- Gas bottle storage structure.
- Design, supply installation and commissioning of:
- Lubrication skid and associated reticulation pipework.
- Air and raw water services piping and hose reels.
- Upgrade (+50% capacity) to HME air compressor.
- Upgrade to trench flushing pipework.
- Electrical works