Multi-disciplinary engineering firm Primero Group (ASX:PGX) today hosted the Honourable Bill Johnston MLA, Western Australia’s Minister for Mines and Petroleum, Commerce and Industrial Relations at its Perth head office.
Mr Johnston met with members of Primero’s Board and Management team and was given an insight into how Primero has grown since formation in 2011 into a business which now employs 350 people with offices in Australia and Canada and operations in five continents.
Primero provides a fully integrated engineering services offering from design through to construction, commissioning and operations in the mining, energy and infrastructure sectors. Through innovation and industry-leading metallurgical capability, Primero has developed a reputation as a global leader in the development of processing facilities for minerals projects servicing the lithium ion battery industry, including lithium and rare earths.
Minister Johnston received briefings on Primero’s role in a development of a number of WA- based lithium projects, its use of local content and transfer of local knowledge overseas, along with an opportunity to trial the cutting-edge Virtual Reality technology being used in the design of new minerals processing facilities.
Commenting on the Minister’s visit, Primero’s Managing Director Cameron Henry said:
“Western Australia’s position as a global leader in the export of innovative and efficient minerals processing solutions is far too often overlooked. Primero is now one of several leading WA companies providing this expertise to the global mining industry. We’re therefore delighted to have had the opportunity to showcase our team to WA Minister for Mines & Petroleum, the Honourable Bill Johnston, and discuss how we can build on this success in future to create more jobs and business opportunities.
“The WA Government has been a strong supporter of the state’s fast emerging lithium industry through the establishment of the WA Lithium and Energy Materials Industry Taskforce to build on WA’s competitive advantage and develop a world-class energy minerals industry. Primero is part of the taskforce’s Industry Reference Group and fully
endorses this vision for the state to establish a lithium and energy minerals industry, including examining downstream processing opportunities.
“The demand created by the expected growth in lithium ion batters provides a rare opportunity for the state to establish a sustainable new minerals sector that ranks alongside our already globally-renowned iron ore, gold and nickel industries.
“Primero is proud to have had major roles in the successful development and operation of a number of the state’s new generation of lithium projects including Bald Hill and Mt Cattlin. This has been a cornerstone of the growth of the business, including the first move outside of Australia through the establishment of an office in Montreal, Canada, in 2017.”
Notes for Editors
- Primero is headquartered in Perth, with offices in Bibra Lake and Port Hedland, located in regional Western Australia, and Montreal in Quebec, Canada.
- Primero is involved in the design and feasibility study work for projects in Australia, North America, South America, Africa and Asia.
- Primero has been responsible for the design, construction and operation of a 1.2 million tonnes a year lithium/tantalum concentrator Bald Hill lithium mine in the Eastern Goldfields region of WA.
- Primero was responsible for the construction of the 1.6 million tonnes a year lithium/tantalum concentrator at the Mt Cattlin mine near Ravensthorpe in southern WA.
- Primero is also involved in the development of the Pilgangoora lithium/tantalum project in the Pilbara region of WA and the Browns Range rare earth project in the Kimberley region of WA.
- Primero listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) in July 2018 following its Initial Public Offer which successfully raised A$25 million.
Primero provides engineering design, construction and operational services to the minerals, energy and infrastructure sectors. Primero has specialist expertise in project implementation and delivery with a complementary service offering comprising civil, structural, mechanical and electrical solutions. Primero provides these services to a diverse client base, rangingfrom mid-sized companies through to international mining and energy houses.