Sustaining Capital Agreement for Maximum Efficiency
The Primero / Newcrest sustaining capital agreement enables regular, rapid works to be addressed with a highly proficient team that can be quickly augmented to ensure the Telfer operations team’s requirements are met and often exceeded.
The sustaining capital agreement has proven to be a winning solution when our clients need the job done regularly, quickly and proficiently to ensure they can always maintain maximum revenue.
Throughout the duration of Primero’s involvement, we have executed projects ranging in value between $5,000 and $1,000,000.
Notable works include:
- Beams and under screens structural repair:
- Works were carried out within plant outage window in tight deadlines.
- Meticulous planning – hour by hour progress tracking.
- Works successfully completed ahead of schedule even with challenging access and interface with mill lining contractor conditions.
- Zero safety incidents achieved.
- Pipe flanges and pipe supports minor structural repair.
- Electrical upgrades:
- Ring main repairs.
- Village distribution board upgrades.
- HDPE / stainless pipework replacement:
- Upgrade to process plant cyanide pipework as part of environmental compliance upgrades, involving stringent permit and isolations, with tie-in to main plant during unscheduled outages.
- Concrete bund repairs:
- Concrete remedial works required in thickener area to repair degraded concrete pedestals.
- Purpose-built formwork fabricated and high strength grout pumped into cleaned and treated concrete.
- Major infrastructure upgrades:
- New gatehouse construction, including installation of new power and water feed from distant sources, area lighting, plumbing & building installation.
- LV Workshop upgrades.
- Fire water tank and pump station replacement:
- Design and construction of new 300,000 litre fire water tank station to feed plant workshop area.
- Pit dewatering:
- Design and construction of 5.5KM high pressure HDPE dewatering pipe from main pit to mine water network.
- Installation of 5 booster pump stations & pontoon pumps in pit base.
- Commissioning support for system.
- NML edge projects:
- Gold room optimisation.
- Leach drain installations.
- Site wide safety shower and pipework upgrades.
- Communication upgrades:
- Telstra tower installation.
- Stacker walkways protection EPC.