Implementation of multi-disciplinary design solutions at Syama resulting in over a 20% improvement in crushing circuit throughput, debottlenecking the plant and increasing production.
Scope of Work
Primero was responsible for the design upgrade (structural and mechanical engineering and design drawings for modification) of the sulphide crushing circuit to improve instantaneous throughput rate as well as improved utilisation. The design changes considered minimising changeout time as it was an operational mine and majority of changes were completed during a planned shut of 10-day duration. Primero’s design initiatives resulted in a 20% plus improvement in crusher circuit throughput which was the plant bottle neck prior to the implementation of the works.
- Replacement of the circa 1960’s manufactured Primary Jaw Crusher with a Metso C140 c/w vibrating grizzly including all chute work.
- Removal of the secondary Jaw Crusher and replacing with a bin and feeder to improve operability of the secondary cone crusher.
- Replacement of the tertiary HP500’s with HP5’s to improve absorbed crushing power due to better liner profile design.
- Replacement/Upgrade of the final product screen.
- Various conveyor speed increases.
- One conveyor width increase.
- Addition of tramp metal flop gate.
- All chutes / bins etc modifications / upgrades as required.
In addition to the upgrades to the crushing circuit, Primero has delivered the following miscellaneous engineering projects for Resolute at Syama:
- SMP design for installation of a COF trash screen in the sulphide circuit in preparation for underground ore feed.
- SMP design for the upgrade if the COF trash screen in the Oxide circuit to allow production rates of up to 1.5Mtpa.
- SMP design for the upgrade if the Carbon Safety screen in the oxide circuit to allow production rates up to 1.5Mtpa
- SMP Design of a concentrate pond reclaim system
- Detail structural design and shop detail drawings for structural and roaster off gas ducting for Stage one of the roaster upgrade sat Syama.
- SMPE design of the Syama underground pump stations including multiple stages and multiple levels to deliver up to 25,000 m3/day dewatering rate.
- Design of reagents storage facility for cyanide destruction reagents.