Since mobilisation Primero has made an immediate positive impact on site through safe, efficient and cost-effective execution of works.
Recognised by Pilbara Minerals as one of the only engineering firms in Western Australia with direct lithium plant construction, commissioning, and operation experience; Primero was initially engaged to undertake the FEED of the DMS circuit at Pilgangoora. Primero’s scope of work quickly grew to include the installation of the ball mill, supply, and installation of the HMS, the installation of the high-pressure grinding rollers (HPGR), and various site conveyors.
A key component of Primero’s scope included the design and implementation of the control system throughout the plant. Subsequent to the achievement of commercial production in April 2019, Primero has provided ongoing operational and project support with the embedment of key personnel into the Pilbara Minerals team.
Primero has safely delivered large scale construction projects across the resources, oil & gas and infrastructure sectors. Our ability to effectively deliver any type of project through a variety of construction methodologies is underpinned by our core beliefs: working smarter, upholding promises and taking ownership. Primero’s construction team has many years’ experience in all aspects of civil, structural, mechanical, piping, electrical and instrumentation construction activities.
Primero’s services were retained beyond wet commissioning to achieve rapid productivity improvements throughout the process plant in three key areas:
Asset Management: Consultancy services to improve operating practices.
Engineering: Design, procurement and documentation change management.
Execution: Onsite mod squad to implement rapid changes.
Improvement opportunities are jointly identified and passed to Primero for estimating, engineering, procurement and execution; releasing the Pilbara Minerals’ operation and maintenance team to concentrate on day-to-day production.
The detailed scope of Primero’s operational support team is as follows:
- Engineering and Design: Inclusive of 3D modeling, drafting, detailed calculations (including process engineering).
- Procurement: Inclusive of tendering, technical and commercial evaluations, ordering, logistics and expediting.
- Construction: Inclusive of civils, steelwork, platework, equipment installation, electrical, controls, and commissioning.
- Shutdown Services: Inclusive of additional personnel and equipment.
- Control System: Inclusive of control and software engineering support.
- Project Controls: Inclusive of scheduling, progress and cost reporting, project and construction management.
- Health, Safety and Environment (HSE): Management, audit and reporting.