With resource updates, permit approvals, metallurgical testwork, and feasibility study scheduled for completion in 2019, Piedmont’s aim is to fast track the Piedmont Lithium Project towards production as a fully-integrated domestic source of battery-grade lithium and capitalise on the widely anticipated shortfall of lithium in global markets over the next decade.
Primero Canada is currently retained by Piedmont Lithium Limited (Piedmont) to complete a scoping study evaluating viable options for the development of a Mine, Concentrator & Lithium Carbonate / Hydroxide facility in North Carolina. Piedmont is currently in early stages of development of the Piedmont Lithium Project situated approximately 40km from the city of Charlotte, North Carolina in the US.
Primero has successfully cooperated with CSA Global, the geologist, laboratory and the environmental sub-consultant in delivering the study.
Concentrator study scope to date has included:
- Manage sub-consultants to ensure delivery of consistent study outcomes.
- Coordinate completion of test work program and make specify additional test work requirements.
- Undertake process engineering, design and various trade off studies / options analysis for processing circuit.
- Develop PFS level design criteria, overall site layout and GA’s, probable flowsheet, PFD’s and preliminary MEL.
- Complete a general infrastructure overview.
- Evaluate water usage options.
- Estimate project master development plan and level 1 schedule.
- Develop basis of estimate documentation for Capex & Opex to PFS level.
- Complete Capex & Opex estimate to PFS level.
- Undertake economic benchmarking study against major lithium project development centres.
- Complete preliminary economic modelling and undertake sensitivity analysis.
Conversion facility study scope to date has included:
- Evaluate initial project sizing alternatives.
- Undertake various process trade-off studies.
- Undertake process engineering, design and jointly develop / manage met testwork program.
- Develop criteria for site selection.
- Underpin PLL permitting, social licence and EIA/EIS activity with design data.
- Establish master project development plan.
- Develop Capex & Opex estimates to scoping study level.
- Undertake risk assessment and create initial risk register.