Scope of Work
Utilising Vertical Wet High Intensity Magnetic Separation (V-WHIMS) technology, the upgrade was to enable the increased recovery of saleable fine material processed in the Desands unit at the Christmas Creek Ore Process Facility #2 (OPF2).
Responsible for the design, supply, construction and commission of a new Vertical WHIMS facility, scope of works included:
- Tie-in and pipe routing from scrubbing and wet screening circuit to new guard screen bank.
- Feed guard screens to magnetic circuit.
- Agitated feed storage tank.
- Magnetic drum separation (MOS).
- Transport of tailings from magnetic circuit tailing hoppers.
- Slurry transport of magnetic concentrate to new thickener.
- Installation of belt fitters.
- Provision of services to meet the V-WHIMS circuit demand, including process water, raw water, gland water, potable water, fire water, instrument air, and plant air.
- Provision of LV switchrooms, electrical equipment and electrical reticulation.
- Installation of communication and control systems equipment.
- Brownfield tie-in works.