Key challenge was the design, supply, construction and commissioning of the extension of the existing Heavy Mining Equipment (HME) maintenance workshop whilst maintaining operations.
Scope of Work
Primero was engaged by the sustaining capital group of Rio Tinto to extend the HME maintenance workshop at Marandoo by two bays to provide greater capacity for heavy mechanical maintenance and a dedicated boilermaker workshop. Primero offered an alternate solution to the free issue design incorporating precast foundations for the steel structure columns. This provided reduction of site manhours and accommodation. The schedule was advantaged by parallel processing of concrete works prior to mobilisation to site.
Lubrication skid was fully assembled off site providing reduction of site manhours and accommodation and closer monitoring inspections ensuring required quality achieved. All lubrication pipework was flushed cleaned and hydrotested prior to delivery to site, ensuring internal cleanliness to meet site lubrication specification.
Detailed scope included:
- Demolition of interface structures.
- Supply installation of foundations, slabs, hardstands, trenches, HV bollards, steel structures, cladding and all architectural.
- Supply installation of extension to 50T over head crane.
- Supply installation of gas bottle storage structure.
- Design, supply installation and commissioning of Lubrication skid and associated reticulation pipework.
- Design, supply installation and commissioning of air and raw water services piping and hose reels.
- Design, supply, installation and commission upgrade (+50% capacity) to HME air compressor.
- Design, supply, installation and commission upgrade to trench flushing pipework
- Design supply, installation and commission of electrical works.