1900 man hours accomplished without incident or injury.
Structural Upgrade for Primary Crushing Plant
Subject to a harsh operating environment, the facility’s primary crusher required an upgrade to mitigate failures associated with vibration. Primero was commissioned by Weir Minerals, a premium provider of highly engineered mining equipment and services, to fabricate and install additional steel into the base of the existing primary crusher structure.
Processing 320 tonnes of hard rock lithium minerals per hour, the function of the primary crusher is crucial to production output, denoting the critical need for minimal shutdown time. Working in a tight timeframe, close liaisons with Altura’s operations and Weir’s design teams were necessary to successfully complete all scope of works and additional tasks requested by the client over two phased shutdowns, including:
- Fabrication of 10 tonnes of steelwork.
- Welding of 106 gussets and 40 cleats.
- Installation of infill and tower steelworks to primary crusher.
- Shutdown of crushing facility.
- Design support where necessary.
- Suggestions by engineering team to aid installation incorporated into client’s final design.
- Shutdown completed in 72 hours.
- All scope of works and additional requests achieved on time.
- 1900 man hours accomplished without incident or injury.
- Repeat business generated for phase 3 shutdown with client as a result of successful outcome.