The project involved the construction of a modularised Primary Crushing Plant (PCP) 8.4km, Overland Conveyor (OLC) and transfer station, tying in the new crushing and conveying system to the existing coarse ore stockpile feed conveyor.
A key factor which led to Primero’s engagement was its strong performance on a number of prior projects.
The team Primero put forward was known by the client as a strong performer, this continuity gave the client comfort that the execution phase of project would be delivered well.
- ROM bin structure.
- Primary sizing building containing a vibrating grizzly screen, primary mineral sizer and associated chutes, the building was designed and constructed using modularized steelwork.
- Discharge conveyor transfer station (to OLC).
- Tail end modules (beneath PCP transfer station).
- A 200m bridge for conveyor and personnel access over operating haul roads and drainage easement.
- Two 100m tunnel sections under haul roads.
- Mid level and high level truss modules into OLC head end structure.
- Drive station with active winch-take up.
- The project was completed successfully with no lost time injuries.
- The project was completed within schedule.
- The project was completed within cost.