The project involved a requirement to increase throughput at Atlas Irons existing Mt Webber operation and deliver a 4Mtpa BOO crushing and screening facility operating day and night.
Primero proposed its PGX1000 plant and designed and constructed the plant within 14 weeks of award. The contracting model is a “BOO” Build Own Operate strategy. Primero was engaged to deliver the works based on the proven PGX1000 plant offering and accelerated construction ability. Primero’s modular designs and procurement strategies can deliver operating plant within a short period of time.
- Design, Construction, Operational Readiness and final operation of a crushing and screening facility capable of 4Mtpa producing a lump and fines product.
- The plant includes a ROM bin, primary jaw crushing module, secondary screen and cone crushing module, sample stations and telescoping stackers.
- Power generation was also included in this package of work which is also fully owned and operated by Primero.
- The project was designed, constructed and ready for operation within 14 weeks with no recordable safety incidents and slightly ahead of schedule
- The plant has subsequently hit crushing targets since its operation and continues to be a stable and reliable plant.