Grade, throughput and availability optimisation remain at the centre of everything we do. Shared success and years of diversified industry experience are deployed into the operation, maintenance and asset management of each and every process plant.
"From maiden resource to production of first concentrate in under 9 months… a massive effort from all involved."
Primero’s operational readiness packages help emerging mining companies navigate practical completion of process infrastructure construction to self-performance of operation and maintenance (O&M) activity. We tailor project specific packages that include the secondment of production staff, development of production and maintenance management plans and the development of safety management systems that allow you to swiftly move into production once construction is complete.
Our operational readiness teams act as a custodian of the plant; working under quality, safety and maintenance management plans all developed by Primero for handover, until you have the appropriate team, policies and procedures in place. Services include:
- Secondment of operation and maintenance team.
- Operation and maintenance plan development.
- MOS development and implementation.
- Safety and environmental management plan development.
- BOM development.
- Spares and inventory management.
Primero offers mine-to-market project solutions that fast-track development and optimise plant productivity. Our design, build and operate model accelerates making the transition from explorer to producer. Shared success and years of diversified industry experience are deployed into the asset management of each plant, ensuring that grade, throughput and availability are all optimised. The benefits of contract processing include:
- Deferred CAPEX.
- Risk sharing through throughput / grade bonuses and penalties.
- Rapid transition to production post construction practical completion.
- Increased availability and product recovery.
- Best practice production management through the early adoption of lessons learnt from sister sites.
- Alleviation of administrative and overhead burden.
Restart, Refurbishment and Recommissioning
Primero leverage our vertically integrated mineral processing capability to provide a turnkey feasibility, condition reporting, scoping, refurbishment, recommissioning and plant ramp-up solution. An integrated approach to recommissioning project execution accelerates the return to sustainable production, unlocks opportunity to capitalise on often favourable market conditions and generate superior financial returns. Key aspects of the service delivery include:
- Plant audit, scoping and refurbishment capital cost estimation.
- Condition reporting including structural integrity assessment.
- Plant refurbishment, reconfiguration (if required) and modification.
- Commissioning planning.
- Asset management planning, including gap analysis of previous operating practices.
- Operational readiness.
- Secondment of operation and maintenance teams during ramp-up.
Maintenance and Shutdown Services
Primero provides maintenance and infrastructure services to a range of diversified mining leaders. Our multi-disciplinary skillset covers the full complement of structural, mechanical, piping, electrical and instrumentation, and civil services. We deliver brownfields upgrades under shutdown conditions, including upgrades to bulk material handling, comminution and beneficiation circuits to improve grade and throughput. We specialise in:
- Conveyor replacement and alignment
- Motor and gearbox replacement, including laser alignment
- Bucket wheel repairs and maintenance
- Screen and feeder replacement
- Structural repairs and modification